Every Byways book is a story, but it’s also a game. There’s an educational element to this series of kids chapter books. Details in each story are borrowed from its assigned state. (As in the United States of America.) Byways will work through all fifty in order of ratification, so Book #4 covers our fourth state—Georgia. Sharp-eyed readers will spot cities and towns, icons and emblems, famous firsts and claims to fame. Hide and seek. Search and find. Fun and learning.
Let’s give a quick sampling of details from Byways #4, Up the Mountain: A Ganix Johns Adventure.
- Chapter 1 finds Ganix in Peachtree City, staying at a boarding house run by the LaGrange sisters—Miss Alpharetta and Miss Marietta.
- Ganix meets a ranger named Warner Robins, who tells him what to expect once he climbs to the top of Stone Mountain.
- Georgia is famous for the Three P’s—peaches, peanuts, and pecans. Naturally, all three find their way into the story.
- Thanks to the city of Griffin, Georgia, Ganix meets the two mythical creatures who earned a spot on the book cover. Their names are Camilla and Byron.
- When Ganix stamps in at his waypoint in Peachtree City, two postal workers add their marks—Hiram from Peachtree City, and a courier nicknamed Goober.
- What famous soda fountain inspired the shop where Ganix buys “fizzy drinks” for his friends?
Are you from Georgia? Have you been to Georgia? Do tell!
When will we get to your state?
The release schedule >>
Introduce yourself to the Johns family for just 99¢ with Byways, Book #1,
On Your Marks: The Adventure Begins. Amazon